Dirk,

When I was on staff at other institutions, it was our practice to give the
names of at least 3 individuals or companies and tell the individual that
we were doing this as a courtesy and could not recommend one over the
other.

If you prepare lists of area framers and of art transport companies, you
could hand those lists to the person inquiring and indicate that it was the
inquirer's responsibility to do their due diligence in reviewing their
qualifications, experience, charges, etc.

Hope this helps.

Martha Katz-Hyman
Curator
Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation