Our museum is going to replace some desks that are located in storage or archive spaces.
The supplier proposed HPL laminate tops and I am concerned by a possible off gassing. The old ones are wood or HPL but were installed more than 15 years ago…
I would prefer using glass for the top but this would probably not a possible option for budget reasons.

Did any of you have any off gassing issue with desks or have any suggestion for desks that could be used in archive/ storage areas?

Thanks,

EMANUELE MARCONI
Conservator

National Music Museum