Doug thanks for the info! Is there any research on cell phone cameras as that is what 99% of what I am seeing?
My Museum is 1 room, 4000 sq ft in a 45,000 sq ft public library.  Visitation is only about 1800 per year with another 1500 attending a program in the space.  Exhibits are a mix of art, artifacts, manuscripts and photography with a few permanent pieces and most rotate or are reproductions.  We have climate control and museum lighting.  We are at the point where people will take photos no matter what signage we have or what staff say so we have been allowing it and asking no flash and please credit or tag us.  We have gotten some great images and commentary on social media from general visitors and program attendees.
Julie

Julie Bartlett Nelson
Archivist
Calvin Coolidge Presidential Library & Museum
Hampshire Room for Local History
Forbes Library
20 West St
Northampton, MA  01060