Hello -

Our museum is currently considering a restructuring and re-forming of its Collections Committee, a long-standing committee of our Board of Trustees.  I am interested in how such committees typically function at other museums (particularly mid-size history museums), and whether any of your institutions have chosen to change or update these functions in any way, perhaps in light of policy changes. Questions include size, membership (who is appointed to the committee), frequency of meetings, and of course the committee's charge, scope or purview.  Do your committees: review and approve acquisitions?  review and approve deaccessions?  consider loan requests?  have input into exhibit selection? other funtions?

Thanks for your assistance!

Cory Amsler
Vice President, Collections and Interpretation
Mercer Museum/Bucks County Historical Society
84 South Pine Street
Doylestown, PA 18901
215-345-0210 x127
Don't miss these current and upcoming exhibits:
American Adventure
(January 30 - June 12, 2016)

Long May She Wave
(July 2 - November 6, 2016)

 And...

Celebrate the Centennial Anniversary of the Mercer Museum - 1916-2016

Visit www.mercermuseum.org for information about all Mercer Museum and Fonthill Castle programs and events.

 Search our online catalog RolloPAC