*Professional Development Opportunity*

*The Museum as Educator-Looking at Art with Children & Teens in the Museum*

Games, Scripts, Conversations, Questions to Generate Participation and
Educate

*Enroll Today @ http://www.artmuseums.com/museum4kids.htm
<http://www.artmuseums.com/museum4kids.htm> for the January 11 online
workshop.  Enrollments accepted throughout the first week.*

*The cost of the 4 week online (access at your own convenience) workshop is
$59.  *Museum Invoices Welcome or Pay through the Secured Site.

This class is relevant for docent trainees, museum educators,  museum
curators, directors and teachers. This class is for anyone who has an
interest in looking at and developing hands on project ideas for children
and teens in a museum setting.  Join other museum staff who have
participated in this informative class.

Develop a portfolio of ideas for looking at art with this age group.
Analyzing art, hands on projects, and practical advice for working with
teachers and parents is included in this practical workshop that will
enhance the museum visit for your audience

*Advice for looking at art with babies, 2's, 3's, and even those Tweens,
Teens, and everything in between will be covered.*

*Here is a sampling of what past participants wrote about the class:*

*I particularly liked the section about how to look at art with the various
age groups - thinking about where each group is at and how best to approach
them on their level.*

*I found the video made by the Art Institute very interesting as well.*

*I really enjoyed watching all of the videos in Unit 1 that were geared to
the different age groups.*

*I realize that it is important to prep the students before they ever get
to the museum and this is something that I haven't really done very well in
the past.*

*I also like the idea of having museum "games" to get them more involved
and interested.*

For more information visit the website at

http://www.artmuseums.com/museum4kids.htm

or contact Valerie Colston at [log in to unmask]