Successful museums understand what people expect, need and want when visiting―and what will bring them back. The American Association for State and Local History offers the Visitors Count! program to help history organizations survey their visitors and collect the information and data they need to stop operating on assumptions and begin listening more closely to their visitors.

Visitors Count! is a visitor survey program designed for mid- and large-sized history museums and sites that identifies what’s working and what needs improvement from the visitor’s point of view.

Past participants tell us they chose to use Visitors Count! because it offers:
  1. Key Drivers that identify a museum’s unique visitor experience attributes. Key Drivers are the absolute deal breakers that predict whether or not visitors will have a high quality experience.
  2. Benchmarks that compare their survey results with other museums or historic sites of similar type, budget size, governance, geographic location, and more. No other program offers this benefit.
  3. Use of a proven survey instrument for core survey questions which saves time and money.

We will begin working later this month to design custom questions for participating organizations in preparation for survey distribution in spring and summer. We are always happy to tailor a survey plan that fits your visitation seasons and unique circumstances. Museums that are popular with winter visitors will want to contact us right away so you can begin distributing surveys sooner.

Want to know more about Visitors! Count?

·        Read more about the program

·        Learn about our convenient payment plan

·        Check out the list of more than 185 institutions that have used Visitors Count! to better understand their visitors

·        Read how Visitors! Count impacted the National Civil Rights Museum at the Lorraine Motel and Roanoke Island Festival Park

To discuss using Visitors Count! for a spring/summer visitor survey, please contact me by January 15.

Cherie Cook

Senior Program Manager

American Association for State and Local History

1717 Church St

Nashville, TN 37203

573-893-5164

www.aaslh.org