Hello,

            I’m wondering if anyone while working at a heritage institution has or has had their institution launch/maintain a service preforming preventative conservation/conservation work for the public as a means of revenue generation? I’m not necessarily talking about major projects, but things like rehousing, humidification/flattening, light cleaning, or other typically low intensity/quick turnaround services. How did this work for you or your institution? What was the response? What population area/type did you serve? Any potential competition/pitfalls you didn’t expect?

            It’s an idea that I’ve been tossing around and thought I’d check things out. Thank you.

William Shepherd

Collections Officer

Swift Current Museum

44 Robert Street West