The Valentine is now accepting resumes for the positions listed below.
Please submit your Resume & Cover Letter utilizing one of the following options:
  • Email in Word or Adobe PDF format only to [log in to unmask].
  • Fax to the Attention of Human Resources at (804) 643-3510
  • Mail to Human Resources, 1015 E. Clay Street, Richmond, VA  23219

Latino Project Curator
Reports to: Director of Collections
Job Posting Expires: December 31, 2015
Job Summary:
The Latino Project Curator is a 6-month, 15 hour/week part-time, grant-funded position that will develop content for the exhibition Nuestra Historia: The Latino Community in Richmond, to open in July 2017 in the Valentine’s Stettinius Community Galleries. This position’s major duties also include leading community outreach efforts in the Greater Richmond Latino community as part of the exhibition planning and development.
Full Job Description
Duties described have been identified as essential functions as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.  We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Special Events Associate
Reports to: Director of Operations
Job Posting Expires: Open Ended*
Job Summary:
The Special Events Associate has responsibility for monitoring and managing on-site special events.   He/she ensures a safe and positive experience for guests attending events.  This person also monitors and enforces compliance with the terms of facility rental contracts and Valentine policies by guests and vendors.  Security or special event experience desirable but not required.   Evening and weekend availability required.
Full Job Description
Duties described have been identified as essential functions as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.  We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Visitor Services Associate (VSA)
Reports to: Visitor Services Manager
Job Posting Expires: Open Ended*
Job Summary: The Visitor Services Associate has responsibility for implementing the daily procedures at the front desk.  He/she is a primary source of access and communication within the Valentine. This person answers and directs phone calls or other inquires, processes admissions fees, takes and processes reservations for the public walking and bus tours, assists the gift shop with sales, helps to provide security for the Valentine by issuing badges and keeping logs for visitors to restricted areas, and provides Wickham House tours when necessary in the absence of a volunteer.  Weekend availability required.
Duties described have been identified as essential functions as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.  We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Currently accepting resumes from interested candidates for VSA positions. Please note that the staffing needs are flexible. Candidates will be contacted only in the event we have a staffing need and their qualifications are comparable to the position requirements.

Internships
The Valentine offers year-round undergraduate and graduate level internships in the museum field, with projects designed to benefit both the intern and the Valentine.
For internship opportunities or to learn more about our internship program, click here.
For more information about job openings, contact the Human Resources Department at (804) 649-0711, ext. 316 or [log in to unmask].
For more information about internships, contact the Assistant Director of Education at (804) 649-0711, ext. 317 or [log in to unmask].

Posting on behalf of Donna Kolba our director of HR and Finance
by
David B. Voelkel
The Elise H. Wright Curator
     of the General Collection
The Valentine

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ .
You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one
line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message
should read "help" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).