Personally, I find Past Perfect to be the least user friendly database I have ever used.

Others have drag and drop photos, easy bar coding, better reports and far more intuitive web based interface in all the fields. Contact the different companies and let them send information or give presentations. The time and frustration saved later is likely worth it.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 1:36 PM, Kali Mason <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi,

I'd really recommend sticking with PastPerfect. It's a user friendly database that can do so much. I've used it for years and always recommend it.
PastPerfect offers a pretty good AASLH discount. I just purchased 5.0 with multimedia for 1,000$ (the purchase was for one of our partner institutions, as we already have 5.0). The discount can really save you a lot of money. You may be able to approach a local business about donating some funds to help you purchase the software too :)

Kali
Sent from Outlook

_____________________________
From: Heritage Hall Archives <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2015 12:09 PM
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Collections Management Software question!
To: <[log in to unmask]>

I'm wondering what wisdom you folks have about collections management software for a local history museum with an archive library. The museum has been using PastPerfect 4.0 for several years now but we are at a point where we need to upgrade and get serious about our efforts! (First year of 3 part-time paid staffers!) We would like to tie in the library holdings and add photos, etc. etc. so have the necessary PastPerfect upgrades picked out, with a hefty price tag of about $1500. As we are a small non-profit museum, we are wondering if there are open source options out there that are wireless-network friendly and can do what we have come to expect from PastPerfect. Has anyone made that jump and have wisdom to share?? Thank-you!

Marnette D. Hofer, archivist
Heritage Hall Museum & Archives
Freeman, South Dakota