From: Heritage Hall Archives <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2015 12:09 PM
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Collections Management Software question!
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

I'm wondering what wisdom you folks have about collections management software for a local history museum with an archive library. The museum has been using PastPerfect 4.0 for several years now but we are at a point where we need to upgrade and get serious about our efforts! (First year of 3 part-time paid staffers!) We would like to tie in the library holdings and add photos, etc. etc. so have the necessary PastPerfect upgrades picked out, with a hefty price tag of about $1500. As we are a small non-profit museum, we are wondering if there are open source options out there that are wireless-network friendly and can do what we have come to expect from PastPerfect. Has anyone made that jump and have wisdom to share?? Thank-you!

Marnette D. Hofer, archivist
Heritage Hall Museum & Archives
Freeman, South Dakota