Does anyone have experience with works purchased from the Frederick Keppel gallery? We are working on two works by Childe Hassam that were purchased (we think) by the university from Keppel sometime in the early 20th century, but know nothing beyond that. I thought I might get lucky and find an index listing Keppel’s inventory numbers, but I guess I’m not that lucky today. We have the original stickers from the gallery still; in fact the drawings, until yesterday, were in their original, exceptionally acidic frames/mats, since we acquired them.

Is there an index that exists that lists out his inventory numbers? Does someone have said index and would be willing to take a peek for me? I know it won’t go far on my end to figuring out how NU got them, but it’s a start to nail down a year that they were first offered or purchased and begin to dig through our archival purchasing files.

Thank you!!
John

John Hart, Jr.

Museum Registrar