Hello readers,

I am on the board for the Canton Historical Society, a very small organization. Our Museum is housed in a one-room schoolhouse, and we're completely run by volunteers.

To get us moving onto the web, I'm looking for a good web CMS (content management system), most likely open-source (as we have a very limited budget), for our organization's web presence as well as some historical photos, videos, and archival finding aids. So this had me thinking that a CMS would help solve any problems such as data storage that a typical website creator (like Squarespace) might not be able to handle.

I found a couple useful articles (http://spyrestudios.com/free-content-management-systems/ and http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/free-content-management-systems/) but I wanted to get some input from the professional community. What are some of the pros/cons to Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, etc. specifically for the museum sector? Is there a particular CMS most museum professionals are utilizing? What are some of the specific options I should be considering in selecting a CMS? Am I on the right track? Thank you so much for all your help!

Sincerely,