Dear MUSEUM-L members,

Christine Ngereza is the Senior Curator of Invertebrate Zoology at the National Museum of Tanzania, and she is looking for your support in sharing or donating to her crowdfunding campaign

Christine has spent her entire career documenting invertebrate diversity in East Africa, but there remains much more to be done. She is building up collections at her institution, primarily of gastropods, but knows she needs help to document the vast number of invertebrates inhabiting the region (many of which are yet undescribed).

Christine feels that she may be one of the only woman scientist in all of Africa studying land snails, which makes it really difficult for her to find support. As a result, she has made it her mission to transfer her passion for "bugs", as she calls it, to local children, in the hopes that they may be inspired to become scientists like her someday.

Her latest project involves bringing local school children out to survey the invertebrate populations present in the home gardens of Kilimanjaro mountain, as these environments are becoming critical refugia for invertebrate species as the region becomes more urbanized. However, she cannot accomplish this goal without raising the $2,000 she needs for supplies, transportation, and educational materials.

Please consider helping her cause by sharing her campaign with your networks or even making a small donation to her campaign on Instrumentl!

I wanted to help her out by spreading the word on MUSEUM-L because I know that many of you understand the challenges that come with finding funding to build a collection and may know people who can contribute.

Thank you very much for your support!

Best,

Katharine

PS. Feel free to send me an email at [log in to unmask] if you have any questions.