If your organization is a private, non-profit, then you Board is the fundraising arm working on conjunction with your director.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Kirkland <[log in to unmask]>
To: MUSEUM-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, Oct 1, 2015 11:45 am
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Question on Friends Organizations

Hello,
I'm with a small museum that has just opened up in April.  Right now we
are funded by the local Tourism Council but we would like to expand our funding
sources to beyond that.  I know that other museums and libraries use a "friends
of..." organization that basically acts as the fundraising arm.  What do I need
to do to get one started, without having it as a separate entity?  I realize the
question is vague, but I'm not even sure where to start to ask more specific
questions.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Important
Subscriber Information:

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information
about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help"
(without the quotes).

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line
e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should
read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).