Dear Museum-L,

Two years ago the newly-founded museum that a colleague of mine recently began working for received ICOM status. My question on behalf of her is whether the museum, once it has become a member of ICOM, has to prove its qualifications and status every few years, and if so, by what process? I am familiar with AAM's accreditation/re-accreditation process, but not ICOM's.

I'm particularly wondering whether the re-accreditation includes collections management?

Thanks so much for your advice! I regularly read Museum-L, but this is my first post.

Sincerely,

Varvara Degtiarenko

Producer and Project Manager
www.threadandanchorfilms.com