From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mike Reuter
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 7:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Historic House as "Haunted House"?

Hi all:

Have any museum or more specifically historic house museums pursued the idea of turning their site into an enlightened haunted house? I'm not talking about blood splatter, chainsaws or crazy clowns, but a more refined experience that is part entertainment, part education?

Our community really enjoys this sort of experience and we are trying to find a way to capitalize on this from a revenue perspective.

Thanks for any insight.

Mike Reuter

Rock County Historical Society

Sent from Outlook