I hope everyone is having a lovely Labor Day weekend. We are looking for a talented, dedicated museum/history/social studies professional to manage our Education Outreach Programs. Please see the listing below. Feel free to share with any colleagues.

Education Outreach Manager

The Walter and Leonore Annenberg Presidential Learning Center

at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation

Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation

The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that sustains the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, the Center for Public Affairs, the Walter and Leonore Annenberg Presidential Learning Center, and Air Force One Pavilion.  Located in Simi Valley, California, the Reagan Library houses over 55 million pages of gubernatorial, presidential, and personal papers and the Museum is home to more than 40,000 gifts and artifacts chronicling the life and legacy of Ronald and Nancy Reagan.  It now serves as the final resting place of America’s 40th President.

As the result of a generous grant funded by the Annenberg Foundation, the Reagan Foundation created the Walter and Leonore Annenberg Presidential Learning Center (APLC).  It is our intent that the APLC becomes a premier, national resource for civics education and support, by developing innovative educational content, making it available to educators and students and aligning the efforts of prominent local and national civics-oriented organizations. This institution will increase awareness of the importance of civics education and encourage individuals from all parts of our society to become active participants in the democratic process.

Job Description

The person hired for this full time position must be a take-charge professional with the organizational, management, facilitation, decision-making, and curriculum building skills necessary to supervise staff, lead student/teacher training and public programs, and deliver national programming as part of the APLC.  The person will research, coordinate, and execute education programs with civics education themes in an effective, efficient, and creative manner.  In addition, as part of the Reagan Foundation, there will be special projects and initiatives geared toward high school and college students to promote President Reagan’s legacy of leadership.

Responsibilities of this position also include overseeing, training, and scheduling of support staff to include APLC educators, consultants, college and high school interns, and volunteers. Finally, this position will collaborate with other departments in the Foundation and Library as well as offsite organizations for the co-development and implementation of teacher training and student programming. Delivery will take place on-site, in schools and education institutions across the county, and over the internet.  He/she will develop and build new relationships and maintain our existing partnerships.

Position and Responsibilities

As the Education Outreach Manager (EOM), you will report to the Director of Education.  You will be expected to perform such specific duties and responsibilities as are related to this position and any additional duties hereafter assigned.  In particular, your responsibilities will include:

Qualifications

A successful candidate for this position should possess:

Requirements

Reporting Relationships

This position will report to the Director of the APLC.  Reporting to this position will be the APLC Educators, Administrative Coordinator, and interns.

Employee Benefits

This position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including vacation, health/dental benefits, and a retirement plan. The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

How to Apply

To apply, please send thoughtful cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [log in to unmask]  OR by regular mail to:

Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation

ATTENTION: Director of the Annenberg Presidential Learning Center

40 Presidential Drive, Suite 200

Simi Valley, California 93065

Anthony Pennay
Director, Walter and Leonore Annenberg Presidential Learning Center
Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation