Advanced Assistant or Associate Professor
American Material Culture Studies
University of Delaware

The College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Delaware invites applications for multiple tenure-track advanced Assistant or Associate Professor with tenure positions in American Material Culture Studies.  The positions are open to those who hold PhDs in any discipline in the humanities, including, but not limited to History, Art History, English, African American Studies, and American Studies.  We are looking for candidates firmly grounded in their primary disciplines who can add to the College of Arts and Sciences' traditional strength in Material Culture Studies.  We also seek candidates committed to a deeply integrated, interdisciplinary approach to humanistic study at the graduate and undergraduate levels who engage forms of public scholarship.  Associate or advanced Assistant Professors are preferred; other applicants will be considered only if they can guarantee Ph.D. in hand by August, 2016.

The positions offer highly competitive salaries, good teaching loads, and excellent benefits.  Successful candidates will be intellectual leaders of significant national reputation (at the Associate level) or advanced Assistant Professors with well-established active publishing records who can work with UD's Center for Material Culture Studies to build the university's reputation as a leading destination for interdisciplinary research and teaching related to the physical evidence of culture. Successful candidates will be prepared to contribute to UD's PhD programs in the humanities, make use of UD's world-class special collections library and galleries, and strengthen UD's affiliations with the Winterthur Museum, the Hagley Museum, and other humanities institutions in the region.

Applicants should visit www.udel.edu/udjobs and read Applicant Instructions under the Resources for Applicants tab before submitting their application. Applicants are asked to create and upload a single document that includes a letter of application and a CV.  We will begin reviewing applications on September 28, 2015.  The hiring committee will then solicit letters of recommendation and other materials from selected applicants.  Applications will be reviewed until the positions are filled.

Founded in 1743, the University of Delaware is one of the nation's oldest institutions of higher education. Combining tradition and innovation, we seek faculty who are prepared to lead the way in responding to the most pressing challenges of our time.  The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from minority group members and women.