Hi, Meegan,

one of the rare (indirect) sources on that may be our archives of open positions worldwide from the last 9 years.*

In some of them, you find descriptions of the size of the dept. and the no. of objects curators are in charge of. But, as I wrote in a recent posting to another list, there seems to be no real relation between the no. of objects to be in charge of and the position(s). And: in many cases, the one "in charge" becomes, all of a sudden,  the museum director, a trustee or a state minister :-)
Only a few countries and institutions reveal curator's budgets.

Cheers

Christian
* A free registration is needed http://www.museum-aktuell.de/index.php?site=register&TM=4 , then go to Fulltext, type in "Curator", and "Show also expired". I get 2,538 today. This tool is usefull for all kinds of trend analyses of positions.