Agreed. If you have a valid deed of gift you should be fine. Deed of gifts
should include a line that the person signing it has the legal
authority/ownership to gift the materials. Yours might have that including
already. I am also wondering why the siblings waited until her death to
approach you? Maybe it is because she did indeed have the authority to gift
the items and she is not longer around to refute the siblings claim. They
may be looking at a tax write off, but what if the original donor did the
same? If you have valid deed of gift I would not return the items.

Grant Gerlich
Archivist/Director
Mercy Heritage Center
Belmont North Carolina