Hi Kathleen,

elderly people (normally: over 68-70) hunger for social contacts (as younger people do in their social networks, plus friends and families).  Why not give them a social hour before the meeting?
On the other hand, some elderly tend - as part of the natural aging process - to loquacity (with a strong ego component) which doctors sometimes call logorh(o)ea. With a smile, instinct, politeness and an agreed strict time table it should be managed. If you are 25 and are to run the meetings, they wanted a younger manager to run the business properly. :-)

Christian (now 68)