From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lauren Valone
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] 3 Days Until WMA 2015 Early Bird Registration Deadline

Hello all,

There will be many educational and networking opportunities at the Western Museums Association (WMA) 2015 Annual Meeting. Join your Western museum colleagues as we learn and grow both personally and professionally.

July 31, 2015 is the Early Bird Registration Deadline for WMA 2015!
Register now: www.westmuse.org/annual-meeting/registration

Learning Sessions: Over 40 sessions and 3 workshops are broken out into 7 interdisciplinary tracks in Business, Collections, Community Engagement, Leadership/Careerpath, Technology, Visitor Experience and new this year, Development. View the full Session Agenda: www.westmuse.org/annual-meeting/session-agenda

Networking Events: Get ready to uncover some of San Jose’s cultural gems! Evening Events offer a fantastic way to make deeper connections with your peers while visiting some of San Jose’s most exciting museums. Whether it’s networking with peers in downtown, exploring the Children’s Discovery Museum and History San Jose, going undercover at the San Jose Museum of Art and The Tech Museum of Innovation, or entering nerdvana at the Computer History Museum, there is certainly time to be inspired by your peers. Learn more about Evening Events: www.westmuse.org/annual-meeting/events

One-of-a-kind Tours: Want to see cutting-edge interactives, view large-scale sculptures on a picturesque hike, or visit a private collection not available to the public? Three pre-conference tours at the 49ers Museum, Runnymede Sculpture Farm, and Splendid Heritage Collection offer opportunities to explore and learn about unique organizations. Learn more about Pre-Conference Tours: www.westmuse.org/annual-meeting/events

Rediscover San Jose: San Jose is a truly international city that has seen many transformations since it’s beginnings as a small farming community. The city is considered a leader in innovation, and its museums reflect its residents’ positions as thought leaders. These changes are sparking a cultural revitalization, with museums providing the foundation by Listening, Learning, and Leading the way. Get to know San Jose: www.westmuse.org/annual-meeting/city-information

Exceptional Accommodations: The Fairmont San Jose is not only official hotel of WMA 2015, but also the primary meeting spot for attendees and activities. It is these informal gatherings that have the greatest impact on a conference experience.

The hotel room rate is $179 per night, a special value for WMA 2015 attendees. This rate is only available until September 11, 2015. Reserve your room today: www.westmuse.org/annual-meeting/hotel

The Early Bird Registration deadline is July 31, 2015. Discounted rates are for members only. Not a WMA member? Learn more about membership: www.westmuse.org/membership

Register today and save: www.westmuse.org/annual-meeting/registration

We look forward to welcoming you to San Jose in October.

All the best,
Lauren

Lauren Valone
Programs Coordinator