Robin,

Here is where AAM can give you a hand, as they have an entire section on advocacy and also two templates to use to show economic and educational impact of your museum on the community. There's also a link to sample economic impact statements.

Go to http://www.aam-us.org/advocacy/resources for the links--you don't have to be an AAM member to use them.

Hope this helps.

Martha Katz-Hyman
Curator