Beth,

Much really depends on the type of doll and the materials it is made from. You would house an all textile doll very differently from a plaster body doll with a porcelain head and wooden legs. So the more specific you can be about the type of doll the better the responses will be for your question.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Senior Conservator & Museum Consultant