Do you have some pictures of the dolls so we can get a better idea of what you're working with? As it is, with most dolls I've worked with, I prefer nesting them in tissue paper. Using rolled tissue paper to support the neck and individual nests for the head gives a little more cushioning that supports but isn't hard enough to harm the dolls if the drawers/boxes get seriously jarred.

Katie Prichard