Welcome back to GLOBAL MUSEUM, your award-winning & free online compendium, read weekly since 1998 by 8,000 readers in more than 201 countries.

***   " I love Global Museum! I pull stories for my weekly email to our docents and they enjoy them too. My colleagues even asked to know where I found them because the stories are so interesting. " - User Feedback   ***

**  Artist Finds Possible Picasso From His Estranged Father In The Attic

Scottish pop artist may have discovered a Pablo Picasso rolled up in a suitcase given to his mother by his father, a Russian soldier, in the 1950s

**  Species which invaded Brazil and Caribbean could threaten British wildlife

Welsh museum experts are warning that species which threaten marine life are being carried to the coasts of Britain and Ireland on plastic litter

**  British Museum’s ivory icons denied US entry for loan show

The US Fish and Wildlife Service blocked the importation of the Byzantine objects before they ever left the UK

ARE YOU ONE OF THE 3,532?

Our Community on the LinkedIn Platform - Join the Global Museum Social Network - Meet& Make Friends, Share Photos & Videos, Blog, Use the Forum, Join A Group.

Become one of our first 4,000 members.  Join Today at http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Globalmuseum-3968927 ________________________________________________________________________

**  The Lost Museum: The Berlin Sculpture and Paintings Collections 70 Years After World War II

Some may consider this particular focus a distraction from the continuing unresolved issues surrounding art plundered by the Nazis

**  Smithsonian Will Tighten Its Guidelines on Disclosure

The Smithsonian Institution said it will adopt tighter procedures to govern conflicts of interest involving its researchers, the latest development in a widening national discussion of scientific integrity

**  Condom Portrait Of Pope Benedict Enrages Catholics

An enormous portrait of Pope Benedict XVI made from 17,000 different colored condoms is set for display at the Milwaukee Art Museum

**  Woman finds 6-foot snake in museum toilet

An unwelcome visitor was curled up at a North Texas museum until a worker noticed the nearly 6-foot snake and summoned help

Follow Us On Twitter - http://twitter.com/globalmuseum

126K Museum News Tweets from around the Globe, 4,296 Followers worldwide and growing fast

**  The Rolling Stones announce museum tour

The exhibit will include more than 500 artifacts from the band’s personal archives and delve into their influence on art, design, fashion and performance

**  Why two American museums are fighting to keep art stolen by the Nazis

Two American museums, having acquired valuable artworks once taken by the Nazis, are now battling in court against the descendants of the victimized Jewish collectors to protect their multimillion-dollar assets

**  No more dog biscuits: a new life for Ashurbanipal’s Library

It is a museum’s worst nightmare – a whole case full of small, brown lumps of mud (‘dog biscuits’ as a former Director was once heard to call them)

**  Manchester's Whitworth gallery wins museum of the year award

Art Fund prize for £100,000 follows £15m transformation described as ‘one of the great museum achievements of recent years’

Become a Facebook Follower -  Join 2,002 of  us who Like Global Museum on Facebook  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-Museum/129179522574?

**  Unknown Thomas Cole Paintings Found at His Home

When Mr. Mosca climbed a ladder, he found it was not wallpaper, but a bold black decorative pattern known as a Greek key that had been hand-painted onto the plaster itself

**  Museums Are Trying New Things in the Bedroom

Researchers at several of these museums are improving the historical accuracy of furnishings in bedchambers where famous and forgotten lives began and ended

**  Museum's appeal to find boy who accidentally smashed ancient jug - so he can see repair job

A clumsy child who smashed a priceless historic jug into smithereens is being sought by a museum - so he can admire how they put it back together again

**  Destination Recreation: American Fly Fishing Museum

This is Jane Juliana Burners, and supposedly she was a female, an English nun, and she wrote these treaties about fly fishing when she told you when to fish how to fish and what flies to fish

Pin Us on Pinterest. Global Museum's Pinterest Boards - Enjoy!

1,393 Pins, 289 Followers http://pinterest.com/globalmuseum/museums/

**  Sacrificed Humans Discovered Among Prehistoric Tombs

A prehistoric cemetery containing hundreds of tombs, some of which held sacrificed humans, has been discovered near Mogou village in north-western China

**  Fallen Egypt Archaeologist Wants International Grand Museum

For more than a decade, he was the self-styled Indiana Jones of Egypt, presiding over its antiquities and striding through temples and tombs as the star of TV documentaries that made him an international celebrity

**  What Makes the Orange Juice Can Worthy of Display in a Museum

A new exhibition explains why the everyday objects of today and the recent past are so important to understanding who we are

**  King George I, Party Planning Visionary

King George’s musical event was the first party to combine an outdoor concert with entertaining and dining, and this innovation has evolved into our modern tradition of outdoor concert and tailgate parties

Add Us To Your Google+ Circles – 191,326 in Circles.   7,694 in Community so far - https://plus.google.com/109387399901726606466

**  Life at the Limits: Stories of Amazing Species

Over billions of years, living things have evolved from simple cells into an awe-inspiring array of life forms—a spectacle of behaviors, specialized parts, and exacting skills

**  Safeguarding Written Heritage

The Islamic Manuscript Association announces an inaugural short course entitled Islamic Manuscript Collections in Conflict Zones: Safeguarding Written Heritage

**  Archaeological Reconstructions and Tourism, Mistelbach (AT)

September 2015

**  This Week's Horoscopes

Taurus - While you admire his technical execution and admit he had a nice gimmick going, you have no idea who Michelangelo’s target market was supposed to be.

All this and more for you at Global Museum - See the latest museum JOBS, PINTEREST PINS, BOOKSHOP, RESOURCES, HOT JOB TIPS, great people posting their RESUMES, SOCIAL MEDIA, the GM LinkedIn Network, Museum Accredited Courses – New News & Opportunities Daily!  http://www.globalmuseum.org ..