Hello Maggie -

I've been using Past Perfect Museum software since 2000, and I love it.

I had a bit of a learning curve when I first started, as I had no real
records of the objects that were transferred to our building. But with
their wonderful tech support we figured out a system to combat the lack of
records and then be able to smoothly continue that system as it merges into
objects that are given directly to us.  With 4 catalogs (objects, photos,
archive, and library) you have lots of options from general accessioning
and identification/location to the ability to make all kinds of reports.
There are additional options for bar coding and creating an online catalog
of your collection.

The other bonus for us was the ability to use it as a membership management
system.  It keeps track of members, volunteers/hours, fundraising, and more.

It's clear in it's typeface -nothing fancy or fussy.  I've done years and
years of data entry, and this is nicely straightforward and easy to work
with....along with their great tech help, of course.

In the beginning I was given slides with duplicating numbers that
corresponded to carbon paper lists, for my cataloging system.  Past Perfect
is a gem.

Hope this helps.

Kim Hanninen
Registrar, Dennos Museum Center, TC, MI