Earth Farthest from Sun for Year 2015

On Monday Afternoon, 2015 July 6 at 3:41 p.m. Eastern Daylight Saving Time (EDT) / 19:41 Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), Earth reaches the farthest point from the Sun for the year 2015, two weeks after the Summer Solstice. So, although Earth's Northern Hemisphere is now entering the season of Summer, when we expect the warmest daily temperatures of the year, this is also the time of year when we are farthest from the Sun.

More: http://spacewatchtower.blogspot.com/2015/07/earth-farthest-from-sun-for-year-2015.html

gaw

Glenn A. Walsh, Project Director,
Friends of the Zeiss < http://friendsofthezeiss.org >
Electronic Mail - < [log in to unmask] >
SpaceWatchtower Blog: < http://spacewatchtower.blogspot.com/ >