Good Morning!

My name is Brian Failing and I am consulting for the West Chicago City Museum in West Chicago, IL. Currently we are working to launch Voices of DuPage: Keeping Our History Alive. We are hoping to get local museums involved in learning how to do oral histories, do joint programming, and encourage museums to collect their own oral histories. This is going to be county wide and we want to create a website with resources for doing oral history and local history and at some point expand it to possibly host oral histories.

My questions are whether or not anyone has experience setting something like this up and the success of the program. Also I am interested in if you have any tips or materials relating to doing oral history that you would not mind sharing with us. I have been referring to the Oral History Association as a guide.

Sincerely,
~Brian

Brian Failing
http://brianfailing.weebly.com/