Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with getting tape (similar to painter's tape) off of 1880s era wallpaper. I was recently involved in a 'behind the scenes' tour of local privately owned historic buildings and path markers were put up with this sort of tape to show people where they could and could not walk during the tour. It was a mistake made during set up but now the concern is of course that the wallpaper will be ruined if they try to remove the tape. Has anyone ever run into this before?

Thanks for any and all thoughts!

Regina

Collections Manager
Kalamazoo Valley Museum