Hello Listserve:

An historic fireplace surround, mantel clock, and large rug, FREE to a good home!

Our Museum is in possession of these three items, but they are well outside our scope of collections.  They are outstanding items, but we do not have the room to continue to store them.  So we are searching for a good home for them.

The fireplace surround is Adam style painted pine dated 1790 to 1830; the clock is a Seth Thomas “Looking Glass” style early 1800s mantel clock; and the rug is loom-woven red and maroon wide strips background with gold and green tropical flower and leaf designs throughout, approximately 9’ x 12’, and dated early to mid-1800.

If a de-accession is approved, these items would be transferred at no cost, but we hope the donee will be able to pay for the appropriate transportation.

For more information, images of the items, questions, or to request the items please contact:

Tara Backhouse

Collections Manager

Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum

30290 Josie Billie Highway, PMB 1003

Clewiston, FL  33440

Office# 863-902-1113 ext. 12246

First come, first serve to a good home.

The transfer will be dependent on a review of the potential donee’s facility report, and the final approval of our governing body.

Thank you!