I work at a small museum that asks its employees to purchase museum memberships. It is not required, but almost all staff and the board are paying members of the museum. This practice seems to barely toe the ethical line, especially since several staff have expressed discomfort about being asked.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or know of any readings or museum ethical codes that speak to this issue? I am looking for something to reference since this is something new to me.

Thanks!