I have worked a lot with the plexi doors and they are HORRIBLE. They bend, crack and look more obvious, worn out and out of place than wood gates.

I also prefer signage not to be directly in a doorway, it blocks the view. People who are reading will read it to the side, and even be able to stand out of the way of the people who just want to look and move on.