Happy summer greetings to all -

Has anyone been directly involved with insuring an entire collection of unappraised artifacts and archival documents that would not necessarily have market value, but evidential and informational value? This is insurance to cover the collection that resides in a preservation environment, and items are not normally loaned out.

I have a larger collection that I do not wish to pay an appraiser to go completely through. It would probably cost me less if I have the appraiser only look at the items/documents most important to the collection, and those likely to have highest market value.

Does anyone know if the insurance provider needs to see a listing of every item, and the monetary value associated with it? Or can we just provide them with the value that the appraiser assigned to the highest-valued item in the collection, and use that as the insurance value?