Dear Colleagues,

We are planning an exhibit on a bar that was a landmark in Pensacola in the 1950s-1990s.  It was filled with photos and objects (like model planes) related to naval aviation that, in the bar, were never dusted or cleaned.  We’ll be using many of the objects in the exhibit to recreate a least a portion of the bar.  My curatorial instincts tell me to at least dust the items.  However other coworkers feel that would lessen the “ambiance” we’re trying to create.  I worry about visitors with allergies to dust and receiving complaints about a “dirty” exhibit.   Any comments from the field?

Thanks,

Wanda

Wanda Edwards
Chief Curator