Hello,

We are evaluating collection management software and would appreciate input regarding the real costs and potential issues associated with the process of converting to a new database.  We are looking at: Arctos, Specify, KE Emu, PastPerfect, CollectionSpace, and ArchivesSpace.  Our collections include zoology, botany, earth science, cultural, photography, and archives.  We are gathering information directly from these entities, but what we’re looking for is more of a reflection of the real associated costs.  We’d also really appreciate talking with those who have gone through this process to get a sense of the process and potential issues – problems, working with the company, staff time, training needed and costs, etc.

Feel free to email or call us!

Dawn Roberts, [log in to unmask], 773-755-5125

Erica Krimmel, [log in to unmask], 773-755-5118

Thank you!

Erica Krimmel | Assistant Collections Manager

The Chicago Academy of Sciences and its Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum

2430 North Cannon Drive, Chicago, IL 60614 | Main 773-755-5100 | Fax 773-549-0344 | www.naturemuseum.org

Museum Collections and Archives, Collections Facility and Office
4001 N Ravenswood Avenue, Suite 201, Chicago, IL 60613 | Direct 773-755-5118

The Urban Gateway to Nature and Science