I agree, environment is a critical factor.   We had an indoor spike in silverfish once in the summer after power-washing the exterior wood shingles on our building.  Nice dark damp places for silverfish to hide.  The problem went away once the shingles dried.

Pam Endzweig
UO Museum of Natural and Cultural History

[log in to unmask]" type="cite">