A few years ago, the staff library at one of our sites experienced an infestation of silverfish, so I wrote to Dr. Mike Waldvogel, entomologist at NC State University.  Here is his response:

That situation is not conducive to using "conventional" pesticides
because spraying the room would have marginal impact.  The problem
is that at some point you will be faced with the arduous task of removing
all of the folders from the drawers, vacuuming the drawers, and consider
place the folders into a trash bag and into a freezer for about 24 hours.

In the meantime, sticky traps (you can find those at the hardware stores)
can be put into the draws to catch some of the silverfish.  There is also
a silverfish "bait" which is simply corrugated cardboard blocks that are
treated with boric acid.  The Museum of Art in Raleigh uses them.

They're called "Dekko Silverfish Bait Paks".

I would not spread boric acid in the drawers because technically this is
a label violation (misapplication).
The bait paks were effective, although we still occasionally have an outbreak in humid summer months.

Martha Battle Jackson, Chief Curator
Division of State Historic Sites and Properties
4620 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC  27699-4620
919-733-7862 ext 236; fax 919-733-9515

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to
North Carolina Public Records Law "NCGS.Ch.132" and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official.
The views expressed by the sender may not reflect those of my agency.
 “The future, though imminent, is obscure.”  ~~Winston Churchill