Hi Karen

generally, silverfish prefer warm and humid areas. They love sugar, glues, paper, textiles, artificial fibers, and leather. The ate also mildew! If you reduce humidity, they might disappear. Check the climate and look for mildew. The appearance of lepisma saccharina is a hint for wrong room climate.

And they like darkness. In wintertime, they often climb up hidden passages from the basement to kitchens and bathrooms.
You can fight them with Forficula auricularia and spiders and a cold and dry room climate.

Christian