For our forthcoming book on women and the museum workplace (Left Coast
Press, 2016), Joan Baldwin and I have developed a survey, which is now
available in both short and long forms.  The survey asks for your input on
the gender make-up of your institution's staff and board; your thoughts
about gender-based issues in the museum workplace, and your experiences
with managing gender bias in your career.

This is not meant to be a statistically significant survey.  It's a
beginning scan, an opportunity to help us see gendered patterns in the
museum workplace and understand what's important to men and women.  We hope
it will help to raise the bar and prevent gender from being an obstacle.

Please consider taking one of the surveys and please encourage your
colleagues to do so, too.  We welcome input from men as well as women.

The short survey should take about 30 minutes depending on your desire to
answer open-ended questions.

The long survey could take as long as an hour, again depending on your
desire to answer open-ended questions.

Survey short form:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/D6YKQ8D

 Survey long form:  https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/D5T8HMG
We are indebted to our colleagues and friends Susie Wilkening and Conny
Graft for their generous help with the preparation of these surveys.

Anne

--
Anne W. Ackerson
Creative Leadership & Management Solutions

*NEW BOOK:* *Leadership Matters* Blog
<http://www.leadershipmatters1213.wordpress.com>
Read my Blog:  http://leadingbydesign.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Twitter:  http://twitter.com/leadingbydesign
*Subscribe to Take 5
<http://lindabnorris.us6.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=86eba2215500381bf19ab776a&id=6370b20e8a>,
the newsletter with a fresh take on nonprofit life*
Visit my Website:  www.awackerson.com/