Hi.

As others have mentioned Past Perfect does not work on Mac.  Also, I would advise you to consider why you would need an Apple product.  My intention isn't to turn this into Windows/Mac debate, but I do not think it would be a worthwhile investment for two reasons.

1.  The cheapest Apple Computer is a Mac Mini for $500(with no monitor), and I believe the cheapest iMac is $1200.
2.  There is nothing that a Mac can do that a windows machine can't.  Windows machines with comparable specs to the iMac are 300-400 dollars cheaper.  And though most museum related computing work isn't processing intensive, you tend to get more bang for your buck with windows.

Since small museums are usually strapped for cash, I just would never recommend getting a more expensive machine with worse specifications.  If you like the All in one design of iMacs, then Lenovo offers excellent computers for almost half the price.  HP makes some excellent ones too.

I say this while typing on my MacBook Pro, but it is for personal use.  I would never recommend apple computers to a business or non profit.  The price is too high when compared to machines of similar performance, and I meet many people who want them because they are the new trendy thing to have.  Unless of course, there is a reason you specifically needed an Apple product.

Again, these are just things to consider and I don't know your full reasons for wanting to switch, but this is advice I would give to anyone.

Robert Wolfe
AmeriCorps
PreserveWV