Welcome back to GLOBAL MUSEUM, your award-winning & free online compendium, read weekly since 1998 by 8,000 readers in more than 201 countries.

***   " I love Global Museum! I pull stories for my weekly email to our docents and they enjoy them too. My colleagues even asked to know where I found them because the stories are so interesting. " - User Feedback   ***

**  Egypt inquiry after Tutankhamun's beard glued back on

The conservators, when asked for comment, agreed that orders for a quick fix must have come from above, but they spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals

**  Might At The Museum

Sorting through talk of a growing rivalry between the Met and MoMA for artworks, board members, and prestige

**  Google Glass, apps and interactive exhibits change the museum-going experience

As I walked through the Keith Haring exhibit at the deYoung Museum in San Francisco recently, a borrowed pair of Google Glass perched on my nose, the virtual docent inside the device was serving up audio narratives and visual cues that brought the late American street artist to life in the most remarkable way

ARE YOU ONE OF THE 3,300?

Now on the LinkedIn Platform - Join the Global Museum Social Network - Meet& Make Friends, Share Photos & Videos, Blog, Use the Forum, Join A Group.

Become one of our first 4,000 members.  Join Today at http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Globalmuseum-3968927

**  Italy Goes Global in Search for Museum Directors

Wanted: Directors for 20 of Italy’s leading museums, including the Uffizi in Florence, the Galleria Borghese in Rome and the Accademia in Venice

**  Abu Dhabi’s wish-list from the British Museum grows

The British Museum is anxious to ensure that the construction workers building the Zayed National Museum are being reasonably treated, and to avoid the criticism faced by the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation over the terms and conditions experienced by migrant construction workers in Abu Dhabi

**  Cotton to Gold: mining the art riches of industrialists

Prospering principally from the textile industry, discerning 19th-century gentlemen entrepreneurs of the North-west ploughed their new wealth into the acquisition of fine things, from books to glass, prints, watercolours, ancient coins, natural history specimens and icons

**  724-Year-Old Mysterious Italian Murder Solved By Analysing Poop

Probably the biggest question that needs to be answered is who killed Cangrande I della Scala

Follow Us On Twitter - http://twitter.com/globalmuseum

122K Museum News Tweets from around the Globe, 4,121 Followers worldwide and growing fast

**  The Museum of the Future Is Here

The ideas and software they put out represented such a complete vision for what a museum could be that I wasn’t able to grasp it all at once

**  Forgotten for a century on a museum shelf, a ‘new’ cricket is discovered

It's a tale as old as time: Scientist collects a ton of bug specimens, they get packed away on a shelf, and decades later someone else discovers the "new" species that have been collecting dust all along

**  Selfies turn museums into playgrounds for a day

The concept of taking a photo of yourself in front of an installation may seem a bit vain to some highbrow museum goers, but #MuseumSelfie Day has a noble purpose

**  How Palaeontologists Uncovered the World’s Biggest Rhino

As is often the case with the large and fossiliferous, though, it’s too easy to get wrapped up in the nature of the beast and forget the history that assembled the creature before us

Become a Facebook Follower -  Join 1,942 of  us who Like Global Museum on Facebook  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-Museum/129179522574?

**  Record €50m hoard of looted Italian antiquities unveiled by police

The works, dating from the eighth century BC to the third century, were laid out at the Terme di Diocleziano National Roman Museum and may go on public display before being returned to museums in southern Italy

**  Historic Can Collection Now Online

Jim Rock wrapped these cans in wool socks, along with a collection of historic bottles, packed them into suitcases and travelled with them to various parts of the country in order to educate both professionals and the general public about cans and their historical context

**  Churchill's Scientists

Marking the 50th anniversary of his death, Churchill’s Scientists tells the little-known story of how Churchill’s fascination with science led to the scientific achievements that helped Britain win the Second World War

**  Is This A New Species Of Human?

Newly-examined fossils suggest that an unknown species of human was roaming parts of northern China between 60,000 and 120,000 years ago

Pin Us on Pinterest. Global Museum's Pinterest Boards - Enjoy!

1,224 Pins, 270 Followers http://pinterest.com/globalmuseum/museums/

**  132-year-old rifle found leaning against tree in Nevada 'where it was left'

Archaeologists have found a 1882 rifle leaning against Nevada desert tree – possibly where it had been left in the 19th century

**  See the World’s Greatest Stolen Artworks in This Virtual-Reality Museum

The Museum of Stolen Art is a virtual space dedicated to artworks that cannot be viewed physically anywhere in the world

**  Reviving a once-grand but dilapidated museum

Until recently, the once-grand art and history museum, known as the Prince of Wales when it was constructed under British rule, was something of a joke: The 50,000-plus artifacts were badly displayed and poorly labelled, the “visitor centre” was no more than a tarpaulin-covered area, the “cafe” was a filthy cart, and there were no children’s programs to speak of

**  X-rays reveal words in Vesuvius-baked scrolls

Researchers decipher letters from Herculaneum papyri carbonized by eruption that destroyed Pompeii

Add Us To Your Google+ Circles – 117,762 in Circles.   4,571 in Community so far - https://plus.google.com/109387399901726606466

**  How Singapore's Asian Civilisations Museum got caught up in a global scam

Singapore's prestigious Asian Civilisations Museum has been caught up in the scandal, reportedly having bought 30 works of art from Kapoor between 1997 and 2010

**  Exhibitions in Museums

ICOM-ITC is announcing its next training programme that will be held from 13 to 21 April, 2015 in Beijing

**  Help us Create a Directory of UK Sound Collections

Amongst the literary treasures held in the basements of the British Library sits an extraordinary collection of sounds

**  Building Museums conference in Boston

March 22 - March 24, Liberty Hotel Boston

**  New Archaeological Find Suggests Mary Magdalene Was A Size 12

Additionally, further analysis of the garment suggests that she wore unflattering cuts that didn’t work for her at all, and bland, neutral colours that definitely didn’t pop

All this and more for you at Global Museum - See the latest museum JOBS, PINTEREST PINS, BOOKSHOP, RESOURCES, HOT JOB TIPS, great people posting their RESUMES, SOCIAL MEDIA, the GM LinkedIn Network, Museum Accredited Courses – New News & Opportunities Daily!  http://www.globalmuseum.org.