Hello, my name is Savannah Liu, and I work with the Crowdsourcing Consortium for Libraries and Archives (CCLA), an IMLS-funded initiative. As part of our outreach, we will be conducting a survey collecting information about the challenges libraries and archives face concerning crowdsourcing. I would love it if your listserv would consider posting the following information to help boost participation. The data collected will help humanities and cultural heritage institutions find solutions to crowdsourcing challenges!

Thank you!

Savannah Liu

Research Fellow, CCLA
Student Researcher, Tiltfactor Laboratory at Dartmouth College

---------
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Institute of Museum and Library Services-Funded Crowdsourcing Consortium for Libraries and Archives Invites You to Participate in a Survey

Crowd Consortium Survey - We Need Your Opinions and Insights!
January 13, 2015 at 12pm EST

HANOVER, N.H. - January 13, 2015 -The Crowdsourcing Consortium ?for Libraries and Archives (CCLA) invites you to participate in a survey collecting insights on challenges that institutions implementing crowdsourcing applications face as well as personal media usage habits. This survey aims to inform technology development and government agencies' funding of projects in the crowdsourcing domain. With this work, we establish what we know and do not know as a community and hope to use this as a guide to find solutions to crowdsourcing challenges. You can take the survey here:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CCLASurvey2

This survey builds off of a previous one we released in the fall of 2014, an "environmental scan" to help provide foundational knowledge as a starting point for all CCLA conversations and activities. It aimed to establish what CCLA audience members and stakeholders know (and would like to know) as a community, including emerging areas such as future crowdsourcing tool development and empirical research. In just two weeks, the survey attracted over 300 respondents, the majority of whom were affiliated with North American galleries, libraries, archives, and museums (GLAMs).

To see details and results of the first survey, please visit http://www.crowdconsortium.org/survey-1-environmental-scan/.

Building upon the knowledge gathered from the "environmental scan," this follow-up survey further investigates the status and needs of institutions implementing crowdsourcing.

Crowdsourcing in the humanities is an emerging new area for museums, libraries, and archives. The CCLA was formed last year with an Institute of Museum and Library Services(IMLS) award, with the goal to unite leading-edge technology groups in libraries and archives as well as humanities scholars and scholars from the sciences in a conversation about best practices, shared toolsets, and strategies for using crowdsourcing.

The CCLA project was initiated by Mary Flanagan, Sherman Fairchild Distinguished Professor in Digital Humanities at Dartmouth, who as founding director of Tiltfactor has extensive experience with crowdsourcing and developing engaging games for prosocial causes. The CCLA is engaging top experts in the field through a series of regional U.S. meetings, the most recent of which occurred in Boston this last September. A culminating national meeting will be held in Washington, DC, in May 2015.

Institutions interested in joining the Crowdsourcing Consortium for Libraries and Archives should email [log in to unmask]

Follow the Crowd Consortium on Twitter: @crowdconsortium.
?

?

?