Alyson,

You might want to consider bringing on with your design consultant a universal design/accessibility consultant. While many designers think they understand accessible design, many do not. An excellent resource with deep experience in museums is the Institute for Human Centered Design in Boston: www.humancentereddesign.org

Good luck with your project.

Jan

Sent from my iPhone