Stef,

You might ask the folks at the MAC Lab for advice: http://www.jefpat.org/curation.html

________________________________
From: Museum discussion list [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Rhonda Beck [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Storage advice

Hello Stef,

Have you consulted with a nearby archaeological survey department in your area? One, preferably from an accredited institution.
Only a suggestion.

-rbeck

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Stefanie Dunn <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
Hello all,
I'm currently working for a small archaelogical laboratory with limited storage space. We're wondering how other museums or labs store items like excavated clay brick or roof tile fragments? We are thinking of putting them outside in a storage shed so there will be more room in the climate controlled enviornment for more fragile artifacts. Does anyone have any experience with this? If so, what sort of containers do you recommend they be stored in within the shed? They are currently in document boxes but they obviously wouldn't hold up well.
Any advice is appreciated!
Stef