Hello,
(Please excuse the multiple postings.)
On Nov. 17, Newseum Education will host an #sschat from 7-8 p.m. ET.  The theme that Monday will be museums and the classroom with a special emphasis on the upcoming NCSS Conference in Boston. We'll ask social studies teachers about what resources they currently use in the classroom, what they would like to see from cultural institutions, and how to we can support their curricular needs. And, to take advantage of the NCSS Conference, we also hope to bring their attention to presentations museums and other cultural organizations will be giving in Boston.

Even if you won't be attending the conference in Boston, we hope to see you online! Please feel free to add your information to our Google Doc<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N1Gpog5HUpIuoyKsD14krCoMSUr9d4bOPAZA0ZbL5Kw/edit?usp=sharing> - whether you can join us for the chat or not. This has been extremely useful for teachers in the past to get in touch with us before, during or after the chat.

The last time we hosted #sschat, it was one of the most successful Twitter chats the group has ever had. From that #sschat, we made connections with teachers across the country and engaged in conversations about our offerings and educational materials. And, most importantly, we learned what teachers are looking for and what they need for their classrooms. We hope it will be just as successful this time around!
You can find more information about the #sschat on the group's website: http://sschat.ning.com/.
If you are interested in being a part of the Twitter chat on Nov. 17, please let us know. Contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or by phone 202-292-6319. If you have questions about the format, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks,

Jackie Jecha

Jaclyn Jecha | Museum Educator
NEWSEUM
555 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W. | Washington, DC 20001
Tel: 202/292-6319| Fax: 202/292-6665
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>| newseum.org<http://www.newseum.org/>

Follow us on Twitter! @NewseumEd