Welcome back to GLOBAL MUSEUM, your award-winning & free online compendium, read weekly since 1998 by 8,000 readers in more than 201 countries.

***   " I love Global Museum! I pull stories for my weekly email to our docents and they enjoy them too. My colleagues even asked to know where I found them because the stories are so interesting. " - User Feedback   ***

**  Nation To Nation: Understanding Wasn't Mutual

These agreements, the sale of Indian lands, and the forced removal of tribes, reduced Indian territories to archipelagoes.

**  Quirky Matisse exhibit rekindles art mystery in Venezuela

Venezuela is flaunting its newly-recovered Henri Matisse painting next to a sloppy copy that was put in its place when the original was stolen more than a decade ago, rekindling an art-world mystery.

**  Egypt's oldest garment

Despite being one of the highlights of the Petrie's collection, drab and humble colours of this garment mean it can be easily missed.

ARE YOU ONE OF THE 3,150?

Now on the LinkedIn Platform - Join the Global Museum Social Network - Meet& Make Friends, Share Photos & Videos, Blog, Use the Forum, Join A Group.

Become one of our first 4,000 members.  Join Today at http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Globalmuseum-3968927

**  Science Museum: 200 years of progress in a single room

From telegrams and televisions to the internet and iPhones: technology has radically changed how we communicate with each other.

**  Collecting art, building a community, leaving a legacy

How do you build community through art collecting? Ask Howard and Cindy Rachofsky.

**  Sunken Egyptian treasure gets European tour

Artefacts have been selected from museums across the country, including 18 from the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, while over 200 come from recent underwater explorations by Goddio’s team.

**  Commemorating Selma-to-Montgomery March

The 54-mile journey from Selma to the State Capitol in Montgomery drew international attention to black efforts to attain voting rights.

Follow Us On Twitter - http://twitter.com/globalmuseum

119K Museum News Tweets from around the Globe, 4,037 Followers worldwide and growing fast

**  Why Do We Make Art? Exploring The Depths Of Leonardo Da Vinci's Brain To Find Out

Creativity begins with perceiving a pattern, a feature, or an alternative use for a common object.

**  Millions of 'orphan' artworks and historic documents to be seen under new copyright laws

Millions of culturally valuable artistic works and historically important documents, such as wartime diaries, letters, photographs and films, are in the public domain for the first time today after a newly announced copyright relaxation

**  Sistine Chapel revived by cutting-edge lighting and air conditioning

The Sistine Chapel is to cap the number of visitors allowed into the Roman Catholic church's greatest artistic treasure, and limit the time they stay by using digital technology.

**  The Viktor Wynd Museum of Curiosities – in pictures

The artist Viktor Wynd is a collector with no apparent filter – taxidermy, human remains, giant beans and McDonald’s Happy Meal toys all form part of his collection.

Become a Facebook Follower -  Join 1,871 of  us who Like Global Museum on Facebook  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-Museum/129179522574?

**  German Museum Shows Nazi-Looted Painting Back-to-Front

The unusual sight is part of a campaign to buy the Nazi-looted artwork from the heir of its last legal owner.

**  The Elgin Marbles belong in Britain, Mrs Clooney

Had the ghastly Lord Elgin not plundered his works of art, they could have ended up in the footings of some Athens kebab stand.

**  New York Museum Zen

Museums are where moments of reflection and learning coexist with the outside crowds and noises in every city around the world.

**  Videogames museum will show 'gaming is not for sociopaths'

The National Videogame Arcade will open in Nottingham and is aimed at gamers, families, and parents who worry their children might turn into sociopaths.

Pin Us on Pinterest. Global Museum's Pinterest Boards - Enjoy!

898 Pins, 252 Followers http://pinterest.com/globalmuseum/museums/

**  Rapa Nui Genes Suggest Pre-Columbian Voyage

Evidence for contact between Polynesians from Easter Island and South Americans sometime before 1500 A.D. has been found in the genomes of 27 living Rapa Nui islanders.

**  Bad To The Bone

Ever since becoming the lead preparer of dead mammals at the Field Museum, Goldman has kept dead chipmunks in her office refrigerator.

**  Natural History Museum 'plotted to kill and kidnap' the Loch Ness Monster

The National History Museum hatched a sinister plot to slay the Loch Ness monster and display its carcass, newly published papers have revealed.

**  Nature's Fury: The Science of Natural Disasters

Awesome in their destructive power, these natural events remind us that we are small and vulnerable - and that living on this dynamic planet will always entail risk.

Add Us To Your Google+ Circles – 84,039 in Circles.  3,346 in Community so far - https://plus.google.com/109387399901726606466

**  King Tut Had A Club Foot And Other Deformities, New 'Autopsy' Shows

An international team of researchers studying King Tutankhamun are reporting some surprising new discoveries about the ancient boy king.

**  Museum Education in the 21st Century

The Eastern Illinois University Historical Administration Program Association (EIU HAPA) is accepting session, workshop, panel, and round table proposals

**  Report: 79% Of World’s Attics Remain Unexplored

Describing the vast, undisturbed regions as one of the last true frontiers on the planet, a report published by researchers at Cornell University has found that at least 79% of the world’s attic space remains unexplored

All this and more for you at Global Museum - See the latest museum JOBS, PINTEREST PINS, BOOKSHOP, RESOURCES, HOT JOB TIPS, great people posting their RESUMES, SOCIAL MEDIA, the GM LinkedIn Network, Museum Accredited Courses – New Site, New Opportunities!  http://www.globalmuseum.org.