*2015 Conservation Assessment Program Application Available*

Heritage Preservation is pleased to announce the availability of
Conservation Assessment Program (CAP) application until the program
deadline of December 1, 2014. The 2015 program year marks the 25th
anniversary of CAP, and the admittance of our 3,000th museum!

In honor of our 25th anniversary, we are soliciting stories from previous
CAP recipients and assessors to help us better understand the impact CAP
has had in the field of museum conservation and preservation. Two
contributing museums will be chosen to receive a $1,000.00 gift certificate
for conservation supplies, and one assessor will be thanked for their
contributions to the field with $500.00 for professional development. The
25th anniversary application is brief and will not take long to complete:
http://www.heritagepreservation.org/CAP/docs/CAP25th.pdf

CAP is funded through a cooperative agreement with the Institute of Museum
& Library Services, and is administered by Heritage Preservation. The
program provides technical assistance to small to mid-sized museums to hire
a professional conservator, approved by Heritage Preservation, for a
two-day site visit.  The assessment reports submitted by professional
conservators can assist the museum in developing strategies for improved
collections care, long-range planning, and fundraising.

Since CAP is limited to a two-day site visit, museums with small to
mid-sized collections are most appropriate for this program.  Larger
institutions are encouraged to contact IMLS for information on the Museums
for America (MFA) grant.

The CAP application process is simple, and awards are made to eligible
applicants as funding permits.  The 2015 CAP application will be open until
Monday, December 1, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. The online application can be
accessed at http://cap.heritagepreservation.org. A link to this website, as
well as to a fillable PDF can be found at
http://www.heritagepreservation.org/CAP/application.html#apply2

To receive further information, visit our website at:
http://www.heritagepreservation.org/CAP/index.html

Or, contact us at:

Conservation Assessment Program
Heritage Preservation
1012 14th Street, NW
Suite 1200
Washington, D.C.  20005
202-233-0800

--

*Jessica Unger  **| *Director of External Affairs
*Heritage Preservation  **| *t 202-233-0835  *|  *f 202-233-0807