Hello Everyone,

You're invited to a Data Management Interest (DMI) Group Webinar. Have you got data? A little, or a lot? What data management issues do you have in common with others? Brian Westra will share his data management experiences from a data services librarian point-of-view.

What
: Webinar - Partnering with libraries for data management
Speaker
: Brian Westra, Lorry Lokey Science Data Services Librarian, University of Oregon Libraries
When
: Noon to 1 PM EDT on Monday 20 October 2014
Where: http://idigbio.adobeconnect.com/datamgmt
Abstract
: iDigBio is about partnerships and collaboration, and libraries and archives are increasingly interested in partnering with scientists to support research data management. I'll briefly describe some of the projects I'm working on, and the questions and challenges I'm encountering as a data services librarian supporting researcher's biodiversity and ecological datasets. These include supporting small collections, migrating data into more supportive systems (e.g., Specify), and facilitating management and preservation of image data (OMERO). I have plenty of questions; perhaps you have answers!

Format: Presentation followed by open community discussion as part of an on-going series from the iDigBio Data Management Interest Group (DMI). Calendar Announcement: https://www.idigbio.org/content/data-management-webinar-partnering-libraries-data-management

See you there!
Deb Paul and the iDigBio DMI
Deb's on Twitter @idbdeb

Meetings are virtual and accessible online at https://idigbio.adobeconnect.com/datamgmt. No special software outside of an internet browser is required to access the virtual meeting room. You may login by selecting "Enter as guest," entering your name, and clicking "Enter Room." Anyone is welcome and encouraged to participate. Other webinars from the DMI will be announced as scheduled. (Adobe Connect will not work in IE 9).