My museum is looking into starting a Adopt a building program as a method of fundraising. We have several historic buildings on our grounds, as well as rigs and other oil equipment. The board is looking at starting a program where people would "sponsor" a building for a year, presumably the cost would cover maintenance of the building during that year with a little extra for fundraising.

I would like to here from other museums who have a similar set up or programs. What are some of the pros and cons you have experienced? How do you determine the cost of each "sponsorship"?

Anna Bassford-Woods
Executive Director
Kansas Oil Museum